BBQ roasted chickpeas are definitely becoming one of my go-to snack foods. If you’re looking for a healthy afternoon snack and you like chickpeas, this recipe is definitely for you.
If you’ve been following me on Instagram, you probably know I was in Kauai for my birthday last month and I’m still not quite over Kauai. Even though a month has gone by, I’m still daydreaming about the Napali Coast, the natural sea pools and fresh coconut water.
It was just too beautiful. Have you been? Can I share a few photos of Kauai’s beauty…
While on the north shore, we decided to spend our Friday night at the Hanapepe Friday Night Festival & Art Walk. It was there where we picked up this delicious Aloha Lu-au BBQ seasoning. It’s a blend of sea salt, dehydrated veggies, black and red pepper, paprika and other spices, and natural smoke flavor. It’s organic and yummy. I knew it would go great on one of my favorite snacks –> BBQ roasted chickpeas.
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon BBQ seasoning (I used organic Aloha Lu'au BBQ Seasoning which is available on Amazon but feel free to use any BBQ seasoning)
- Dash of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Drain and rinse cooked chickpeas well. Blot with a paper towel or run them through the salad spinner to remove excess water.
- Place chickpeas onto baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil onto beans, using your hands to coat well. Sprinkle on seasoning and salt. Spread chickpeas so they sit in a single layer.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, depending on how crunchy you prefer them. Let cool for 5 minutes. Makes 1½ cups.