Kicking off avocado season with a deliciously sweet yet healthy recipe! If you haven’t tried chocolate avocado mousse, you must! It’s an easy no-bake dessert and so yummy. Plus, it’s chock full of healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. Just 1 ounce of an avocado contains nearly 20 vitamins and minerals!
One of the many things I love about California is the avocado. California Avocados are perfection. They’re not only made of love but from love – hand-grown on approximately 5,000 small, family farms throughout Central and Southern California, by growers who nurture the fruit in the tree for over a year. To learn a few tips on cutting and peeling these beauties, click below…
Okay here’s the recipe for the delicious Chocolate Avocado Mousse. It’s a dessert to satisfy almost any sweet tooth. The best part –> it’s mostly pure delicious avocado. Enjoy!
- 2 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup milk of your choice
- 4 tablespoons honey (or preferred sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of orange zest, for garnish
- pinch of course sea salt
- Using a food processor or blender, combine avocado, cocoa powder, milk, honey and vanilla extract and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Add to 2 serving bowls and garnish with orange zest and sea salt. Refrigerate any leftovers.