This is a fabulous appetizer when you’re having company over. It’s simple to make, features fresh ingredients, and it’s quite elegant looking. I made this for Superbowl Sunday and it was a big hit.
You should be able to find wonton wrappers at your local grocery store. If you’re gluten-free or would like to make your own wonton wrappers, here is a simple recipe for Gluten-Free Homemade Wontons.
The Guacamole Wonton Cups are a real crowd pleaser. They are tasty and don’t contain meat, dairy or gluten (if you use gluten-free wrappers) so they;ll satisfy even the pickiest eaters. The other nice thing is the wrapper is really versatile. I might try a portobello mushroom and goat cheese wrapper soon. I’ll let you know if I do. Enjoy!
- 4 wonton wrappers (homemade gluten-free recipe above)
- ½ avocado, chopped
- ⅓ cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a mini-muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Gently press wonton wrappers into muffin cups. Bake for 7 minutes or until lightly golden.
- In a small bowl, combine avocado, tomatoes, chives, lemon juice and salt and mix well. To assemble cups, spoon in about 1 teaspoon of mixture. Serve immediately. Enjoy!