The Guacamole Wonton Cups are a real crowd pleaser and perfect for when you’re having company over. They are simple to make, feature fresh ingredients, and they are quite elegant looking. They don’t contain meat, dairy or gluten (if you use gluten-free wrappers) so they’ll satisfy even the pickiest eaters. I made these little guys for Superbowl Sunday and they were a big hit.
You should be able to find wonton wrappers at your local grocery store. If you’re gluten-free or would like to make your own wonton wrappers, here is a simple recipe for Gluten-Free Homemade Wontons.
The nice thing about the wrapper is it’s really versatile. I might try a portobello mushroom and goat cheese wrapper soon. I’ll let you know if I do.
- 4 wonton wrappers (homemade gluten-free recipe above)
- ½ avocado, chopped
- ⅓ cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a mini-muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Gently press wonton wrappers into muffin cups. Bake for 7 minutes or until lightly golden.
- In a small bowl, combine avocado, tomatoes, chives, lemon juice and salt and mix well. To assemble cups, spoon in about 1 teaspoon of mixture. Serve immediately. Enjoy!